Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Something a bit different...¿Tal vez?

Do note that there are changes coming to this blog, that, may or may not include an abundance of new and regular posts. We'll see how it goes. Also note for those of you who subscribed here for baseball and other related posts, you may not be seeing as many of those here in the coming time, (if you're looking for those try here and here or some of the blogs to the right -->) however, some baseball or other sports posts may trickle in every once and awhile. 

Frankly, "SchuyPrism" is not pertaining to any specific thing, but rather a multitude of various subjects and matters that I feel the interwebs should think and/or know about. Whether it be some hot topic currently investing itself on the internet, or some new revolutionary technology or idea that's worthy of discussion, or be it some far out abstract idea that popped into my head, in which the only way I can give it any coherence is to write it down here. As I'm writing this, this seems to be more of what the "about page" should be consisted of, but I suppose you should just try to think of this as a "first post of a new blog" - type of post rather than anything else.

As for the changes, There Will Be Another Contest! Just whenever I can figure out what that entirely entails and the necessary prizes that will come along with it. For another change, just read on below. As for the rest, well, they're a work in progress, and I don't even know them all yet. 

I've come up with this idea, whether it's to be a good idea or not, only time will tell. This idea incorporates my interest in various languages from around the world and the amount of non-English speaking countries visiting this site, from their own free will or not. To be honest there is not much traffic here to begin with, however, the amount of non-English speaking countries as compared to the English speaking ones is quite comparable. 

As for my idea: from now on, every one of my posts will be written in multiple languages. The idea is to help accommodate the foreign visitors, in addition to primarily helping myself to try and learn multiple languages. But of course, in the beginning it may be a bit rough, considering I can only claim to be fluent in one language, with that being English; and as you may be able to tell, my English is not great to begin with, well, at least my written English. 

I'll start with Spanish and Japanese, Spanish being what I took in high school and Japanese being just a language I really want to learn. When I feel that I have at least grasped the language to the point where I can hold a conversation with another person, I may add more languages to the translations, such as one of the Celtic languages, Latin, or even a different European language.

To start off, I'll just have a summary of the post in the other languages, but the idea is that as I learn more, the summaries will grow in length and eventually be translated in full. However, just copying and pasting translations from a translator would kinda ruin the point, but considering I don't know the languages, I am only going to try to copy single words and learn the grammar and word/sentence structure as I go. With this being said, in the beginning my grammar will be amusingly horrific. 

Furthermore, for the Japanese portion, the text will primarily be written in Romaji, at least in the beginning, since it is kind of hard to type the characters with this English/Latin keyboard, (of course I can always copy and paste the characters); although, as time goes on and when I can finally remember all the Kanamoji, or Hiragana, or Katakana, or Kanji, and get each of those terms straightened out, I will try to incorporate the characters as well as the Romaji. The idea of the Romaji is also to help me learn (and anyone else who wants to learn) the pronunciation of Japanese. (As a side note, one commenter said on Reddit, "that you should focus on the Kana/Kanji and think in those characters, rather than trying to do everything in Romaji," however, for me at least, I think it would be better to at least start with the Romaji to understand the sounds and then when I am able to connect the sounds to the character, I'll try focusing more on the Kana/Kanji.)

Another note: I understand that I'm probably sounding a bit ignorant and quite stupid, but the hope and goal of this little project is to help aid me in understanding multiple languages.
Also noted that I don't often post much of anything here, or anywhere for that matter, but this idea, is just a little project in hopes of aiding and expediting my knowledge of these various languages. In addition, if anyone has any comments or helpful advice about any of the languages, or anything else, let me know in the comments or message me on the my contact page on the right.

Here goes the first attempt of the hopefully many to come... 

Let's go! ¡Vámonos! Ikimashou! (Rettsugō! - Sounds more like the Katakana version - but what do I know.)

Las cosas están cambiando.


物事は変化しています 
Mono koto wa henka shite imasu

Alright, since it's the first time, I'll let myself slide, just so everyone can get the idea of what I'll be doing. But next time I won't go easy on myself, minimal translator usage. Gambatte SchuyPrism, gambatte. (or is it "ganbatte"? hmmm.)

1 comment: